RE: A good name for the manual?

Subject: RE: A good name for the manual?
From: "krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:24:06 -0500

How about "Configuring and Managing <product name>"?
Or "Configuring and Troubleshooting" <product name>?

Unless it truly is just a reference guide to parameters and messages, with
no procedures. If that's the case, I'd call it "<product name> Parameter and
System Message Reference Guide".

I hate "-tion" words in titles and avoid them if possible. More to the
point, if it's not a true reference guide, I'd rather the title told me what
the document is going to help me to do.

Yeah, I'm one of those "task orientation" people who's more interested in
getting a job done than in learning about the bells and whistles of a
product (unless I need to do so to get what I want accomplished).

FWIW,
Marguerite