W97 embedded fonts - getting to work

Subject: W97 embedded fonts - getting to work
From: Jan Janes <jan_janes -at- cmsinc -dot- com>
To: "'tw'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:05:28 -0500

Dear Listers,

I have been trying to use the Word97 embedded fonts "feature" and have not
been successful. Are there tricks I should know about? I looked in the
archives but didn't see this issue addressed. As a test, I produced a
document using Book Antigua, a TrueType font. In Tools/Option/Save I
clicked Embed TrueType fonts. Then I removed all varieties of Book Antigua
from my font folder. When I opened the document, it did not display in BA,
but in some kind of generic (and awful) san serif font. All suggestions
appreciated.