Seeking work as a technical writer - San Diego area.

Subject: Seeking work as a technical writer - San Diego area.
From: "Elaine Daniels" <elainedaniels -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:46:46 GMT

Hi all,

I need your help! I am 23 years old and currently working as a technical writer in Dublin, Ireland. My primary degree was European Studies -specailising in German and Economics. My postgraduate course of study was Technical Communications. My different skills include writing, editing, reviewing, HTML,a good knowledge of C++ and proficiency in a variety of software packages: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,Excel, Access, Outlook, Explorer, RoboHelp, FrameMaker, WebWorks Publisher 2000.

My question is: I wish to go to San Diego( or the San Diego area) to work as a technical communicator/editor, either full-time ( 6 months plus) or contract. Are there any companies out there that would be willing to sponsor an Irish graduate with 1 year's working experience? I could be available from the end of July (earlier if necessary) and would be looking for a minimum of a 6 month sponsorship. I would love the opportunity to live and work in the U.S. as a technical communicator and feel that I could contribute a lot as well as learn a lot. I would also be available for contract work.

Could you email me back if you are a company that might be interested or if you know the name of a company that might be interested in sponsoring me.

All information will be much appreciated,
Kind regards,
Elaine Daniels