help on help files indexing, please?

Subject: help on help files indexing, please?
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:58:02 -0800 (PST)

I'm updating some help files that were developed in
HDK. I'm not overly familiar with HDK, and it's been
awhile since I've done anything in Help files anyway -
and I don't have my reference books handy.

One of the things I have to fix is the indexing on
some of the topics. If memory serves me (and it so
rarely does!) the "Find" tab of the Help Topics dialog
box is a full-text search, and the Index tab is
generated from the a-links? (or do I mean K links?)

could someone remind me of the basics of winhelp
searching and indexing? thanks!

the problem we're having is that if you search on
"error messages" in the index tab, you get one set of
results, and if you search on the same thing in the
Find tab, you get a different set, and I need to make
the two match.

Thanks!

-Becca

=====