RE: tech word for user interface

Subject: RE: tech word for user interface
From: Peter -dot- Harbeson -at- nokia -dot- com
To: TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:13:47 -0600

"Northbound" is also used, sometimes, to refer to a network connection from
a device that's being managed to the management system -- with "southbound"
being what you'd expect. The terminology can be confusing, partly because
it's also possible to use compass directions to identify physical devices
regardless of their hierarchical relationship. I'd go with top/bottom; it's
more obvious what they mean.

-Pete Harbeson