XML and Content management Solutions

Subject: XML and Content management Solutions
From: "Karen Koldyk" <kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:16:52 -0600

Finally got my proposal into Senior Managment - thank you to all the =
people who gave their input - it helped a lot and was greately appreciated.=

From the information I received, the key players for authoring in XML =
appear to be Arbortext and Softquad's XMetal. Frame definately figures in =
but since it cannot yet round trip XML they were not considered for this =
project. Several content management products allow you to use Word as an =
XML authoring tool . The most prominent of these at this time appears to =
be Bladerunner which was recently acquired by Bladerunner from Interleaf's =
E-Company division.

Content Management products are prolific but the one's that stood out for =
this project were Crystal Astoria and Documentum. Just as I was about to =
submit my proposal, I found out another division of our company is looking =
at a high end Document Imaging/content management system from Filenet. It =
appears that this product will be able to meet our needs for documentation =
management.

I have recommended implementing Arbortext Epic at our company due to the =
large volume of authors involved and the flexibility of the product.

If anyone would like further details please let me know and I'll do my =
best.

Karen Koldyk
SQA Tech. Writer
Fleming Companies Inc.
kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com