Re: ADMIN: Re: JOB: E-Business Analysis Technical Writers

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Re: JOB: E-Business Analysis Technical Writers
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: Iain Harrison <iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:33:45 -0800

Iain Harrison wrote:

> ... but do other list members think it would be nice if the point was made
> more clearly that the list is funded in this way, and that posting privs.
> will be suspended for infringing?
>
> I don't really have an axe to grind here: I'm not trying to hire anyone
> (in fact I'm on the other shore), but I think an explanation would bring
> home why people shouldn't post what they might see as possibly of genuine
> interest to list members.

As one of the "other" list members, let me say that I believe the point
couldn't be made more clearly unless Eric were to shout it to the rooftops -
ads are not to be posted, they are to be sent to the listowner. There is
plenty of warning in the messages you get when you subscribe that posting your
own ads is a no-no. I, for one, am *very* glad not to see them cluttering up
the list. There are also periodic repostings of the rules, which include some
very, very specific do's and don'ts. If people can't read the rules, I'd
rather not see their comments. Or ads. Or things that they think are funnies.

You run a very different kind of list, and the people who subscribe (I'm one of
them) like yours that way. I happen to like Eric's his way. Diff'rent strokes,
etc.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems