Re: Timekeeping

Subject: Re: Timekeeping
From: "Lora M Beene" <lorab -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:31:25 -0500

Just from my personal experience with a wide variety of timecard tracking
tools(pen and paper, punch clock, automated name tags, and computer Timers)
I can say there is one I like more than the others.

I personally like the computer timers. If I am working on one project and
want to take a break from it I can work on something else. The timer is set
up with the job(client, job type, etc). This also helps my boss to correctly
invoice each client for the time spent only on their project.

One of my past jobs I would do a variety of things, but the only thing to
show I did some kind of work at all were my punches for breaks and lunch. I
would be asked "What did you get done today?" and have to try and remember
it all after a 10 hour shift in a retail business. With my timer my boss can
ask me or she can find the information herself by just looking at my timer
file.

It sure saves me a lot of work since I don't have to document my current
working-on project.

As always,

Lora M Beene
Vice Admiral of Learning
Simply Written, Inc
lorab -at- simplywritten -dot- com
www.simplywritten.com
Check our website for information on the March 29th Clustar QuickStart class