Re: Can a Technical Writer be a Web Designer

Subject: Re: Can a Technical Writer be a Web Designer
From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:03 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> Then
> we found out that folks use Help differently than they
> do a manual. The web is still in that situation.

I don't disagree with the rest of your posting either, but I think you've
hit the nail on the head there: When trying to get people to envisage a web
page, I suggest they think of an over-full presentation slide, not a
printer page.

For tech writers, I think a web page is nearer a help file topic.

--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk
iainh -at- cix -dot- co -dot- uk