Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience

Subject: Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "Seigler, Sherri A" <sherri -dot- seigler -at- eds -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:30:13 -0600

My first contract job back in '93 (and I had NO experience!) was $25/hour. In
this area, experienced (senior level) tech writers should get at a minimum
$35/hour, and more likely $40. I'm in help development, and that puts me a
little higher on the food chain, but I've had no problems getting my requested
rate (which is higher than $40/hour, BTW).

Jo Byrd