RE: Agency Flanking

Subject: RE: Agency Flanking
From: "krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:09:46 -0500

Much as I usually disagree with Andrew, he's right on regarding "agency
flanking"!

It keeps coming back to the basic rule of knowing whom you're dealing with.
People in this business have good memories, and it's amazing how many times
you'll run into them over and over again.

Good managers establish a sound relationship with their stable of agencies,
and good agencies establish a two-way relationship with their stable of
writers and their managerial contacts. It's just good business. I think it's
well to remind writers that they're the ones who get hurt in such battles.
As a hiring manager (and as a senior contributor), there are certain
agencies with whom I would not do business because I simply did not trust
them.

And I always did wonder what Andrew did for a living!

Just my $0.02!
Marguerite