Technical writers have always been around

Subject: Technical writers have always been around
From: Bill Hartzer <BHartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:39:40 -0600

Harry said, "Technical writers have always been around."

That's absolutely true! Recently we had a discussion about
famous technical writers, and some of the earliest technical writers
were talked about in that discussion. I would like to point you to
my archive of this discussion at the webpage I created, "famous technical
writers."
See http://www.iwannabefamous.com/technicalwriters.html for more
details.

And I quote: "the FIRST software technical writer was (is): Joe Chapline.
Joe worked for Eckert and Mauchley back in the 40s"