Re: multiple TWs for a project

Subject: Re: multiple TWs for a project
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: bgranat -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:01:34 PST

Tony Markatos said:

In properly chunked projects, all procedure to accomplish a given task will be together. (The end-user will not have to jump around between different sections of the documentation to accomplish the task.)

In writing a properly chunked document, the TWs will not have to do a lot of coordinating between themselves. It is in coordinating the different chunks that major disagreements occur.

Bonnie Granat asks:

I didn't know there were two meanings of "chunking" in technical writing. I've only known the meaning of chunking as breaking apart information into small bits, both visually and logically.

Tony Markatos responds:

The logical way to chunk (break into smaller pieces) procedural information is by task. In this way the dependencies between the chunks are minimized.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)