External topics in master CNT (cross posted to ParaMetrica.com Co mm)

Subject: External topics in master CNT (cross posted to ParaMetrica.com Co mm)
From: Lane Pasut <Larissa -dot- Pasut -at- OmegaResearch -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:41:28 -0500

Has anyone experienced problems using RH2000 and external topics in TOCs? We
use Windows 98 and NT. We recently upgraded to RH2000 from Version 7 and are
now experiencing an apparently random problem (on both 98 and NT).

When creating a help system in WinHelp 2000 format, we use a master CNT to
merge about 5 CNT files. These 5 CNT files in turn reference both topics
within the corresponding HLP file and external topics from other HLP files.

When we compile the project as a whole (using Answer Works), the resulting
master TOC contains the 5 CNT files, that's not a problem; however, each of
the 5 CNT files displays only the topics that are contained within the
corresponding HLP file, they do not display the external topics! It's not
that we get an error when clicking on the topic in the TOC, it's that the
topic simply does not appear.

Any help/suggestions/ideas where to look much appreciated.

Lane Pasut
Omega Research, Inc.