RE: Re[2]: Best Documentation

Subject: RE: Re[2]: Best Documentation
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: CBacker -at- glhec -dot- org, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 08:30:19 PST

Corinne Backer said:

Okay, now we've lost sight of reality. Come on. Of COURSE it happens!
Projects DO fail due to lack of [writing] skill ........You can't Plan and Standardize an unintelligible sentence into helpful instructions; you've gotta have someone at the keyboard who can write.

Tony Markatos responds:

In fifteen years of technical communications experience (both as a TW and as a Systems Analyst), I have never see a project run into significant problems because of poor writing technique. And, the older I get, the more I believe in the old saying, "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."

Don't get me wrong, I have see all kinds of failure (i.e., lack of skill). It is just that writing technique has not been a major issue.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)