RE: Word numbering Question

Subject: RE: Word numbering Question
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:25:42 -0600

In FrameMaker, you shouldn't have to worry about it. As long as you have
the numbering sequence flagged, when N+ sees an N1 before it, it should
automatically number itself as 2. If it's not doing that, there is probably
something else wrong with your document, or you may have a numbered figure
or step that isn't marked as being in a separate sequence in Frame.
If you have nested numbered sequences (like Figures that fall somewhere
in the steps, then you have to mark the figures as being in a different
sequence by placing a number in front of them in the Numbering part
of the Paragraph Designer.

I don't know about Word. I've never been able to make my Word documents
number correctly without retyping the numbers.