FW: Word numbering Question

Subject: FW: Word numbering Question
From: David Chisma <dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:45:59 +1100

Dave Chisma wrote:

Tristan,

I use a pair of counters that I call 1 and 2, where 1 resets the list and 2
increases until a new number 1 occurs. They are not styles, they are
sequence fields:

Counter 1 is {SEQ lettered \* Arabic \r 1}
Counter 2 is {SEQ lettered \* Arabic}

They work well. I've added them to my templates as auto-text entries and
made them accessible via right-click.

I find that if used too many times in a large document (100+ pages) the
numbering falls apart. The fix is to create an additional numbering scheme
by changing the sequence name for the new instance. For example, change the
sequence name from 'lettered' to 'Alettered'. The resulting field is {SEQ
Alettered \* Arabic \r 1}. Do this for both counters.

David Chisma
Technical Writer
Retail Directions Group
dchisma -at- retaildir -dot- com -dot- au