Re: Re[2]: Best Documentation

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Best Documentation
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: hhager -at- dttus -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 11:23:49 PST

Harry Hagar asks:

In 15 years of your tech comm experience, are you saying
you've never worked on a project or heard of a project where a writer
was replaced for failing to write adequate material?

Tony Markatos:

I have seen lots of failure - and in fact have had to 'clean-up' more than one mess. The material was very inadequate, but NOT because of poor writing technique. Failures occur because of shortcomings in in analysis (including discussions with end-users), estimating, organizing, and do to a lack of standardization.

Geepers man! I see the exact same thing in development. When was the last time you heard of a development effort failing because of a lack of knowledge of coding technique - it never happens. Development projects fail for the same reasons as TW do - inadequate analysis, estimating, organizing, and standardization.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)