RE: Generally, what do you think of generally?

Subject: RE: Generally, what do you think of generally?
From: "Blaine, Karen L." <karen -dot- blaine -at- unisys -dot- com>
To: "WinHelp List (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:54:53 -0500

For what it's worth...
While there are times when the use of "typically" and "generally" may be
appropriate, I find I can usually avoid them. My gut feeling when reading a
document using those words is that the material comes across as
condescending. I often see "typically" and "generally" in documents written
by programmers, especially the prima donnas. Each word places a slightly
judgmental twist on the context of the rest of the sentence, implying that I
should see what is obvious and that I may be too stupid or ignorant to do
so.