RE: Best Documentation

Subject: RE: Best Documentation
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Kathi -dot- Knill -at- level8 -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 08:41:58 PST

Anthony Markatos says:

SNIP: writting skills are of RELATIVELY minor importance in technical
communications.

Kathi Knill said:

I think you are exaggerating big time!

Tony Markatos said:

When was the last time that you participated in or witnessed a tech comm project that fell apart because of poor writing skills?

Note: I don't mean situations in which, because of poor task analysis, estimating, graphics, or project management, the writing did not make sense. I mean situations in which these other things were properly done, but things fell apart because of poor writing technique.

In over fifteen years of tech comm experience, including leadership of some very large scale projects, I have never experinced such.

If you have experienced such, please let me know which part of the world you live in - I'm moving!

Tony Markatos
(tonmar -at- hotmail -dot- com)