creating html help with Microsoft Web Workshop

Subject: creating html help with Microsoft Web Workshop
From: Tybi Kapiloff <teknicol -at- bezeqint -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 12:18:33 +0200

I would be grateful for any advice you can give me.

I am a lone tech writer in a startup company.

There are several products and they all need help systems. Two products
also require manuals. All of this has to be finished before May. There
is no existing documentation and need I say that the product is not
finished yet.

I am going to use Framemaker to create my written documentation.

I have been asked to design a help system using Microsoft's Web
Workshop. For someone new to creating help files, just how problematic
is this going to be? I have had a basic course a couple of years ago in
Robohelp and I have a basic knowledge of html.

I have a feeling that the budget is limited and that the powers-that-be
are not going to be over keen on buying a program.

Many thanks in advance for all your advice,
Tybi