Re: Wavy lines from Visio Diagram when brought into PowerPoint

Subject: Re: Wavy lines from Visio Diagram when brought into PowerPoint
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com>
To: "Nurre, Vickie" <VNurre -at- Aegonusa -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 17:29:06 -0800

At 11:15 AM 2/2/00 -0600, Nurre, Vickie wrote:
>We have a document with ovals created in Visio and copy/paste into
>PowerPoint that will give us wavy lines .when printed. When we print right
>away, the lines are fine, but after closing and opening the lines become
>distorted...

The key is that the problem doesn't occur until you close and reopen
the file -- so there's something in Visio format that PowerPoint doesn't
like. Saving in PowerPoint is corrupting the info that came from Visio.

Given that MS products are most comfortable with .wmf format and
that Visio can export to .wmf (Windows MetaFile), my first attempt at
a fix would be to go through the process of exporting the shape from
Visio (Save as wmf) and importing the shape into PowerPoint (Insert >
Picture > From File...).

My SWAG - YMMV!

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com http://www.vertel.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams