RE: Icons in procedures

Subject: RE: Icons in procedures
From: "Backer, Corinne" <CBacker -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:37:58 -0600

This may be too late for Robert, but I thought I'd throw this in:

You can put icons (or other figures, for that matter) in a line of text
without having them lay over or obscure text in other lines.

1. Choose Special>Anchored Frame.
2. In the Achored Frame dialog, choose At Insertion Point from the Anchoring
Position drop-down list, and set the size to your preference (I think Robert
was using .3 x .3, which may be too small for detailed icons; we've used 1 x
1, which I think was too big).
3. Click New Frame to insert the anchored frame, then use File>Import>File
to bring in the icon file. (There are settings to consider in the Imported
Graphic Scaling dialog box that appears, too, but I'm not very well-versed
in graphic manipulation.)

The little icon picture is now considered "part of the sentence" and will
stay in that place in that line regardless of text shifts. However, I don't
particularly like this solution, because it causes a "gap" in that paragraph
where the anchored frame screws up the line spacing. But it's at least an
alternative.

HTH
CB