Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?

Subject: Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Mark Baker" <mbaker -at- omnimark -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:59:46 -0800

I think of a good team player as being like a member of an orchestra. Ideally,
every person in the orchestra is an expert in playing their instrument. Every
instrument has its role and its time to perform. For the team (orchestra) to
work well, every member must do their job and do it well, at the exact time
they are needed or required. Note also that every orchestra needs a conductor,
or leader - a person who keeps the team in precise step.

It's a pleasure to perform in an orchestra. It's also nice if there is an
audience to clap when it's all done. <smile>

Marilynne

At 07:56 AM 1/31/00 , Mark Baker wrote:
>Anthony Markatos wrote:
>
>> I am looking at a tech comm job listing that states that the future
>employee
>> must be a "team player". What is meant by this? Specifics please.
>
>Peter Drucker observed that there are three models of teams which he
>characterized as baseball, football, and tennis doubles.

<clip>
Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM