Chinese Tech Comm Issues

Subject: Chinese Tech Comm Issues
From: pamh -at- sakson -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:56:34

I am working on a hardcopy documentation project for a product to be
marketed and sold in mainland China. Part of my project responsibility
includes offering cultural insight on China's documentation standards (I
lived in Beijing on and off for 5 years between 1981 and 1986). However, I
am at a total loss to try to identify the principles and practices of
Chinese documentation standards and what might best suit the Chinese as
they use our user manual to teach themselves how to use our product.

I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.