RE: Problem with MS Word 97 (go figure)

Subject: RE: Problem with MS Word 97 (go figure)
From: "Bowen, Marianne" <Marianne -dot- Bowen -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:36:05 -0500

I got a lot of e-mails mentioning memory problems being the culprit.

I delete my .tmp files regularly. I have a 400 mHz machine with 128 MB of
Ram. I have checked the system resources a couple of times to see if the
problem still occurred, and they were generally at around 42%. Nevertheless,
I opened only Word to see what would happen, and within a few minutes the
toolbar was gone. It has happened first thing in the morning when the
machine was still cold, it has happened in the middle of the day. Also, I
don't have to reboot to get the taskbar back, I just have to close Word and
open it back up.

So I don't think it is a memory problem. I am getting Word reinstalled on my
machine and hopefully that will fix it. I was hoping there would be an easy
fix for it, but not even the MS site has any information on this issue.

Marianne

Marianne Bowen
Sr. Technical Writer
Nextel Communications, Inc.