Re: How difficult is it to install Windows 98?

Subject: Re: How difficult is it to install Windows 98?
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:33:07 -0600

Well, Jane, to quote Jared Spool (a leading usability expert here in the US), it
depends.....

Is your Windows 98 a OEM? If it's an upgrade, you may have problems - it may
look for a prior installation and balk if it can't find it. If it's an OEM, it
should go easily enough - but it IS time consuming - and you probably won't have
any problems. A few months back I had to reformat and reload everything when my
hard drive corrupted (I made the poor Dell Computer technician stay on the phone
for virtual hand-holding the entire time, but if...more likely when....I have to
do it again....I'll do it on my own). It's a long process, but pretty
straightforward. Just follow the screen directions and you should be OK.

Good luck!

Jo Byrd