Re: Do you give permission to use your materials?

Subject: Re: Do you give permission to use your materials?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:49:58 -0800 (PST)

> ...their own docs, so I
> was instructed to send them my Frame and Help files.

I assume you were instructed by your company, who was
paying you.

> The company's Tech
> Writing group then called me three or four times a
> day for the next three
> months with questions about the docs, the program,

I assume you were doing this on company time, being
paid by your company during that time.

> Has anyone else run into this issue?

I take what I do, at the time, seriously. Once I meet
my committment to my management at the time, the
assignment is over. If they want to use my material in
place of packing peanuts, fine (though packing peanuts
would work much better).

> Thomas Knepher
> Technical Publications Manager
> Blue Pumpkin Software
> 650-429-6305
> mailto:tknepher -at- blue-pumpkin -dot- com
>
> "Computers are useless--they only give you answers"
> ---Pablo Picasso

> Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online
> Information Services
> Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver,
> HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
> More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or
> mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
> Register now for a Professional Technical Writing
> Certificate at
> www.online-learning.com/index1.html. An ideal
> professional development
> opportunity, PTW begins February 15, 2000 and lasts
> 4 months.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
> jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM
> leave-techwr-l-9696C -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
> Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-
> Visit
> http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources
> and info.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."