WEB APPLICATION: help tool for pop-ups and such

Subject: WEB APPLICATION: help tool for pop-ups and such
From: "J.C. Morel" <jcmorel -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, cpallier -at- slp -dot- fr, asagot -at- slp -dot- fr
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:44:04 GMT

Hello all,

We are currently trying to select a help authoring tool for our web application. We are looking at ForeHTML Pro 4 v. RoboHTML.

We want to be able to create cross-browser html help, context sensitive help and popups like What's This. We do know that the cross-browser help is available using either product.

We are concerned with getting a tool that will allow us to create help that our users can access directly in the application (browser) window when they need an explanation of a part of the web application. For example, they could either slide the mouse over a part of the page or click on a specific part of the html page. This action would open a pop-up type explanation possibly with graphics such as equations or icons and so on. NOTE: We would prefer not to opt for the solution of having another page open in a new browser window with the explanatory information.

Thanks for your help.