RE: Interface vs. Documentation

Subject: RE: Interface vs. Documentation
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:13:34 -0600

I think that no matter how experienced a person is, s/he will be annoyed at the
requirement of searching for information. Especially since so many devo tools
are now windows-based. There are few instances of popular tools lacking an
interface and supplying only a prompt and a book.
I think your management should talk to your marketing. If y'all aren't big
enough for that, then talk to the beta users or *find out* who your market is.

This is an example of why techwhirlers get sucked into UI design and other
user-advocacy issues. We're trained to think of the user, not just of making the
code work. The UI is the point at which the user meets the code; certainly we
can offer pertinent information about what the user might need/want in it.

Thanks for asking,

--Kimber
How do you write 'zero' in Roman numerals?

Kimber Miller
kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
Affiliated Computer Services
Dallas, Texas