Re: Gathering edits from several people

Subject: Re: Gathering edits from several people
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:47:57 -0600

> I've used the process that Beth described in her original post, and liked it
> very much. It's thorough, but not for the faint-hearted - you have to be
> able to facilitate the meeting or things can go to hell in a handbasket very
> quickly.

I use this process also. Unfortunately, my SMEs are spread out over the state,
and it can be a challenge getting everyone together for a meeting. We've tried
teleconferencing, but in our facility we can only have true back-and-forth
discussion with no more than 1 offsite location, so we're limited. I've had
success with having most of the SMEs in my group send in written comments, and
then a few get together and discuss them. Right now we're trying to do it *all*
by e-mail, but your SMEs have to be really motivated for this to work.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc