Re: ADMIN: Re: OT How do I unsubscribe?

From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:28:32 -0600

Your point, Eric, illustrates one of my pet theories about technical writers,
especially those of us who write directions for a living - and do it very well.
We're the worst in the world when it comes to reading directions. I HATE having
to resort to the directions, do it only when I can't figure it out otherwise (and
grumble the entire time).

A couple of years ago I attended a STC meeting; the presenter gave each table a
set of instructions to create something....paper airplanes, I think. Out of at
least two dozen tables (each seating about six to eight TECH WRITERS), only the
people sitting at ONE of the tables actually read and followed the instructions!
The rest of us just muddled through.

Jo Byrd