Re: PDF /FTP: that is the question

Subject: Re: PDF /FTP: that is the question
From: "TrishGreen" <TrishGreen -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:19:27 -0600

Chris:

FTP (WS_FTP and others) is a "file transfer protocol" program so, much as
you intuited, really isn't going to help you change text to HTML.

Adobe Acrobat (not the Acrobat Reader), which makes the .pdf files, might be
too complex for what you're trying to do, and it ain't cheap ($249).
Furthermore, it requires that the people visiting your site actually
download the .pdf file, which many people just don't want to mess with.
However, if you're determined to try it out, Adobe has a "trial" you can do
online. My cursory examination of it seems to indicate you can do up to 10
pages, but don't hold me to that. Here's the link:
http://createpdf.adobe.com/ .

A better solution might be had with your regular word processing or DTP
program, or a free text-to-html program (check out www.tucows.com for many
selections). What are you using to produce your newsletter?

.. delurking ...

Trish Green
Malachite Finch Publications, Ltd.
TrishGreen -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com