RE: FrameMaker vs. the competition

Subject: RE: FrameMaker vs. the competition
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:18:47 -0800

As a long-time user of Interleaf 5.something (four painful Interleaf years -
like a lifetime of using Frame) I can second what Cathy writes.

Besides, even if there was Interleaf technical support, Interleaf is so
complicated that you would never be able to formulate a question.

You would have to say: "Every time I select the IXmokDual3 filter I get the
message: Attention 53834623 in Ixmok to Leaf - Cancel?

The Interleaf tech would say: What?

Interleaf may not have any tech support, but they have a huge sales force!

Have a great weekend, OK?

Barry Kieffer