Re: Publishing tool for Linux environment needed

Subject: Re: Publishing tool for Linux environment needed
From: Sandy Harris <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>
To: reni -at- intellitel -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:30:01 -0500

reni -at- intellitel -dot- com wrote:

> Since our company uses mostly Linux and other Unix machines we are
> currently looking a documenation software in these environments

Methinks you should consider DocBook, an SGML DTD (an XML version
exists, but isn't yet standardised as the SGML is) from which you
can output printed docs up to and including books and several other
formats including HTML:

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/

Groups whose mailing lists you should look at include:

www.linuxdocs.org Linux Documentation Project
www.oswg.org Open Source Writers' Group

Archives of both lists are available, I think.