Re: Disabling Print

Subject: Re: Disabling Print
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "Benzi Schreiber" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>, "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:43:59 -0500

We recommend PDFs to our ISO 9000 clients for precisely that reason, because
nobody can futz with them, and thereby endanger the document control. We
always recommend that comments be gathered separately, never in the
electronic copy. That way, they stay pristine, yet comments can be
incorporated by the "doc cop". It irritates engineers, of course, because
anything that interferes with the immediate task irritates them, but the
needs of the company should come first. Or, to be precise, the preferences
of the ISO auditor must come first if the certificate is to be retained.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com