Re: Soliciting writing appliance recommendations

Subject: Re: Soliciting writing appliance recommendations
From: "Jan Stanley" <janstanley -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:06:17 -0500

Mark is looking for *a "palm-top" with a large enough keyboard to
type on comfortably? It wouldn't even have to have a hard
drive--just
enough flash memory to hold a couple of hundred pages, and a USB
or
other connection to download it to my desktop. It'd also be nice
if it
had a 25-line by 80-column screen, and ran on AA batteries.*

I've seen something called the Phenom that looks pretty nifty --
and like it might suit Mark's purposes. I believe there are a
couple of versions, the Phenom and the Phenom Express. There may
be others, and the Phenom may have been discontinued. Here are a
few of the sites that a Metacrawler search on "phenom" turned up:

http://www.winceonline.com/20/lg-info.html
www.mobiledevices.com/LGPhenom.htm
www.mobiledevices.com/LGPhenomExpress.htm

Mark, if you do end up buying something like this, I'd love to
know how it works for you -- perhaps other techwr-lers would,
too?

Cheers,
Jan
janstanley -at- earthlink -dot- net