RE: Frame to HTML: Way to preserve tabs?

Subject: RE: Frame to HTML: Way to preserve tabs?
From: "John Locke" <john -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "'Carolyn Yount'" <carolyn -at- tellme -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:40:29 -0800

Another suggestion...

I'm not a Frame user (yet), but I do know HTML. Frame must be using
paragraph tags for these lines, rather than line breaks. In Word, you can
get a line break by typing SHIFT-ENTER instead of just ENTER. Then, when you
export to preformatted text, you won't get the extra line. I assume Frame
must be able to do something similar...

The caveat here is that the entire block will be treated as a single
paragraph.

Cheers,
John
http://www.freelock.com

Carolyn Yount wrote:

If I use spaces instead of tabs and map my code text to preformatted text,
the
indentation is preserved but then an extra line is added:

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

<asdf>

Any workarounds? ...I tried writing a macro (replacing \t with &nbsp;), but
it
didn't work ....although I may not have done it properly.