RE: Specific Conditional Text Requirement

Subject: RE: Specific Conditional Text Requirement
From: Nicolette Srivastava <nicolette -dot- srivastava -at- htcinc -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:40:03 +0530

Hi Brian;

I don't know if anyone has addressed this yet, since I'm a little late in reading this email, but I think what you're looking for is possible using the Hidden Text font format. The steps are:

1. In the Tools menu, select Options and go to the View tab.
2. Under the Non Printing Characters section, select "Hidden Text".
3. Go to the Print tab, and under the Include with Document section, make sure that the "Hidden Text" option is not selected.
3. Format the desired text as Hidden using the Format Font menu option. The text will be visible on screen, but will have dots under it to denote it as hidden text.

Check it by doing a print preview - the hidden text should not appear. By the way, this can be used to include formatting things such as extra lines, page breaks, section breaks, etc. Be sure to include your paragraph symbol at the end of your hidden text when marking the text as hidden, or you'll end up with extra blank lines in the printed document.

HTH

Nicolette