Key Features vs. What's New

Subject: Key Features vs. What's New
From: Alison Tartt <akt -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:56:55 -0600

I'm writing the user manual for a software product that has been
considerably revamped since the last version. In working on the sections
"Key Features" and "What's New in This Version" (both sections in the Intro
chapter), I'm having trouble avoiding a lot of repetition (same feature
seems to belong both places).

Has anyone found a way to describe areas of functionality with a dual
approach or emphasis so that they can go into these two different sections?

Thanks,
Alison