Re: Adobe FrameMaker (buyer beware)

Subject: Re: Adobe FrameMaker (buyer beware)
From: Rikki Nyman <nymanr -at- agcs -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:53:57 -0700

> . if you buy Frame products second hand or through some special deal, you
> need to be wary. Some companies sell Frame "cheap" because they have an
> educational license or Not For Resale copy. If you get one of these, you
> may find later that the serial number is restricted and does not allow you
> to EVER purchase an UPGRADE.

I have PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Frame software that I purchased through the
local community college while I was taking some recent classes. While I haven't
had to upgrade Frame, I have upgraded PhotoShop through Adobe with no problem.
And I had no problem with the educational version of Dreamweaver when I upgraded
it through Macromedia. The caveat is probably wise to consider, but it hasn't
applied to Adobe or Macromedia products in the last year. If it's changed, it
is very recent.

Rikki