Word Viewer and Graphics

Subject: Word Viewer and Graphics
From: salatas <salatas -at- micron -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:04:11 -0700

(I searched the TECHWR-L archive, the Microsoft site, and the WOPR site, but
didn't find any answers to this problem.)

Some of my users are still requesting printed documentation for our
internally written, internally used, Windows NT applications. As we use
RoboHelp for the Windows online help files, the quickest (albeit not the
prettiest) way for me to generate printed documentation is to use the File >
Generate > Printed Documentation function on RoboHelp. I have to do a bit of
massaging to get the printed document to look acceptable. I then store it in
an electronic document management system, which (among other things)
generates a URL from which users can access the document.

Here's the problem: the URL launches Word Viewer, and in Word Viewer, the
graphics don't display. If the user selects File > Open for Editing from the
Word Viewer menu, the document opens in Word and the graphics look just
fine. But that's a pretty inelegant solution.

In case it matters, the graphics files are screen shots captured with PSP 5
and saved as bitmaps. I did not use the RoboHelp shed editor on any of them,
but just in case, I deleted them and re-inserted them using Word's Insert >
Picture > From File function.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Salette Latas