RE: Who's yer audience now, Bucko?

Subject: RE: Who's yer audience now, Bucko?
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Kevin McLauchlan'" <KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:47:54 -0500

Or you could be facing the problem I did in three of my previous employment
situations--they made the mistake of hiring megalomaniac IS staff who got it
into their heads (and sometimes the job descriptions) they were in charge of
everything--included the printed manuals. "We keep all the documentation.
No you may not borrow the User Manual for Outlook or Word. We can't trust
you with that." At which point the folks who wanted the documentation would
turn to me to answer their questions.

Finally, I'm working for a company who hired IS staff to support the
users--what a concept. If that means I keep the manuals for the software I
use, they have no problem with that.

Don't assume that because the cube farmers don't have the manuals, they
don't want to refer to them. Often that's true, but just as likely, they
despise paper clip man as much as we do, but have no idea who has the
manuals, and if they do, don't want to go through the gauntlet to get them.

Connie