Large help system - we need help

Subject: Large help system - we need help
From: temoore -at- bellsouth -dot- net
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 22:02:08 -0500

A very large company for whom I work as a contractor is in the process
of creating Word documents (1000+ pages) that will be the source
material for a help system consisting of 5000+ topics. We are in the
process of looking at our options for output. We've looked at WinHelp,
HTML Help, and traditional web pages. However, we suspect that a
database-based system would be best since this system will only grow
and grow.

The final destination for the system is our company intranet. It doesn't
matter if the file has to be downloaded, but we'd prefer it to be viewed
in a browser. We do require a contents page and a search function for
the system.

(We're especially interested in Cold Fusion for this project, but no one
in our department has experience with it.)

If there are consultants out there who could help us figure out how best
to deploy our system, the company may be interested in hiring you. :-)

--
Tracey Moore