Re: graphics/illustration tips and techniques

Subject: Re: graphics/illustration tips and techniques
From: JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 07:43:02 EST

I subscribe to a magazine called "Publish", and another called "Dynamic
Graphics", which might be of interest. I don't have the particulars with
me. Also, Adobe has a magazine, a subscription to which comes with
the purchase of any of their products. When the subscription expires,
I think you can then continue on a paid basis.

Also, you might visit one of the many monthly computer "shows", and
see what the book vendors have for sale.

VR
Jim Groark

Subject: graphics/illustration tips and techniques
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 06:34:42 -0500

I'm a pretty good TW and can usually write my way out of a paper bag.

However, from time to time, I have to include illustrations or graphics in
my doc (handmade, not screen captures). And the illustrations I generally
create look pretty lousy. The info is there, but the 'artfullness' of the
illustration is lacking. A graphic designer is out of the question - and
foisting the illustration work to another TW with a better eye for design is
not always an option, either.

Can anyone suggest books, articles, web sources, and such, that can give me
a list of tips, techniques, tricks, hints, and other helpful advice that can
help me produce better illustration? I'm not looking to become a fabulous
graphic designer - just a TW with adequate graphic skills.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.