RE: hyperlinks in printed documents

Subject: RE: hyperlinks in printed documents
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'Benzi Schreiber'" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:05:45 -0800

We're doing the same thing here. I don't know about a standard solution, but
I chose to make the hyperlinks blue but not underlined or italicized. This
way they are unobtrusive in the printed docs (invisible if B&W), but they
show up nicely on-screen, where they will be used. So far, I haven't had any
complaints from anyone about being unable to identify hyperlinks.

But this morning a reviewer was unhappy because the links weren't underlined
in his printed copy... Can't win 'em all.

-- Meg